Based on statements of the client and an initial assessment of the website at , there is a need and desire to restructure and rewrite the content provided for support for clients of Osmosis. The existing needs for the project are currently defined as:
- Assess and add to the existing FAQs, including adding necessary items
- Restructure and rewrite the current three help guides, including
- Project collaboration
- Prepare summaries of existing video tutorials and assess need for additional videos, with outline of any proposed additions
- Develop clear instructions for use of ticket system
- Define and develop further material for ideas submissions
- Explore other content that visitors might expect on a robust support sight, including additional means of contact
No detailed request for proposal has been provided. Likewise, no conference has been held or detailed guidance provided. Therefore, this proposal assumes the client is not satisfied with the current support page for its website and seeks specific improvements. While it is apparent the current support page is functional, it does not provide many of the support options today's visitors have come to expect. Subject to additional client input, an assessment of specific additions and enhancements will be explored. Goals and Objectives
Subject to further benchmarking from client, the goals for the support page are seen as:
- Make it easy for customers and users of Osmosis to quickly find answers to the most common problems encountered
- Anticipate the most common questions and issues and provide understandable and actionable answers and resolutions for those problems.
- Reinforce instruction and information provided elsewhere on the site and with the product.
- Provide a means for easily escalating any requests or need for assistance to the next level of support
- Facilitate and encourage a community response to new ideas and practical tips to the use of Osmosis.
This proposal is presented as a starting point to define the scope of and expectations for the proposed project. It is based primarily on an initial review of the current support web page. Due to the limited insight and input at this point, the proposed scope will be modified as additional information is provided and client objectives more clearly defined.
It is anticipated the client will provide additional input as to the expectations for the project and the end results. For maximum effectiveness, this input should include at least:
- Current concerns and shortcomings for the existing support page
- Any statistical information and analytics available for current support efforts
- Examples of competitive or other support pages that have desired attributes and capabilities
- Defined goals for levels of support and what goals are established for first-tier, web-based support
- Budget, timing, and resource constraints for the project
With this additional information, this proposal will be updated and clear functional specifications for the proposed support page presented for modification and approval.
It is anticipated that an updated, restructured and enhanced support web page will be completed with the following attributes:
- Rewritten and expanded FAQs reflecting a more comprehensive library of first-tier answers and problem resolution guidance
- A searchable database of the most common problems and issues, with downloadable answers written and made available on the support page
- Rewritten and detailed Help Guides, with additional guides developed as the scope dictates and analysis shows needed and useful
- Updated videos with downloadable scripts and guides. Any desired additional videos will be developed and produced for inclusion on the page as defined in the updated project specifications.
- Enhanced contact options that meet the client's budget and support capabilities. This includes the potential for enhanced support ticket system, live chat, and phone support
- Redesign of the existing ideas and tips section to encourage a more active community and additional input.
- The initial milestone is to establish a clear list of functional specifications for the anticipated new support page. These specifications will be designed to meet the detailed goals and objective of the client for the project
- The second milestone is a sign-off on the specifications and defined deliverables, project milestones and benchmarks, and budget.
- Within that agreed framework, the client will review the beta version of the proposed web page and provide comments and input as needed, with final delivery of the finished project on or before the agreed date.
Industry studies repeatedly show that effective first-tier support provides a number of specific benefits. These include:
- Significantly higher customer satisfaction ratings
- Lowered costs of support by keeping requirements at the lowest levels possible
- More active involvement with the product or service by the consumer
- More likelihood of increased revenue from customers
- Acquisition of information and feedback that is useful to ongoing product enhancements and development
This project will seek to deliver each of these benefits to the client.
As generally discussed above, this project will follow a straightforward process for such web-oriented efforts. This includes the steps of:
- Detailed assessment of the scope of work. In addition to existing client expectations and information, research will provide the client with insights as to the range of options and possible structure of the proposed support page. This process will include visiting and reviewing a number of existing support pages recognized for their effectiveness and user acceptance.
- After all information is collected and inputs provided, a detailed set of functional specifications will be developed for initial review. This will include a preliminary assessment of timelines, benchmarks, and budget items
- The initial specifications will be reviewed and amended as needed. A final proposal will be provided for approval that includes:
- Detailed functional specifications for the proposed web page, including all elements and deliverables
- Timelines and milestones for the project
- Budgets and progress payments
- Final sign-off requirements
- Execution of the project
- Ongoing support and updates as defined and agreed upon
It is not yet possible to discuss the pricing for this project due to the many variables. However, the work can be scaled to the available resources and interaction with the client will provide the information to decide how the project should be priced and what that proposed price will be. It is anticipated the project will be turnkey, with all costs included and payment made based on milestones met.
It is evident the client appreciates the role of solid support based on the existing site. The desire to upgrade and enhance this support function further underlines this commitment. As experienced developers of effective and attractive websites and support oriented documentation, we are able to provide the insights, knowledge, and skills that will see this project to a successful conclusion at a reasonable cost. We always seek to deliver work on time and at a level of execution that exceeds the client's expectations. We look forward to working together to bring this concept to a clearer definition and an executable plan.